Monday, January 09, 2012

Back in North Carolina

It's been almost exactly a year since we packed up and moved out of the Asheville area, and now we're back for work and it couldn't feel more weird. It's hard to not get really sentimental about it, we always struggle to figure out which place feels most like home and this is only one of them. I haven't been able to get out with my camera yet, but this image taken by Derek Olson pretty much sums up the beauty of this mountain city. For now I'm cozied up in our friends wonderful little home in the woods 45 minutes away from the city, working on editing a wedding while everyone works. Rain falling down, a sleepy little pup, music playing, the sound of a creek outside, light pouring in from every direction... it does my heart some good. I'm so much happier in a place where I feel connected to the land around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails